Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My First Day!!

Today was my first day at the Far Western Tavern and it was AMAZING!!!
I had no idea that on my first day I would help serve over 100 people lunch and desert.
I went in at 11:30 and the first thing Chef James had me do was start to warm up beans. I made sure they didn't burn and after 15 I was told to go upstairs. When I got upstairs
i had to lay out over 100 plates and put a salad on the side. I would place two cherry tomatoes on the plate, one on each side of the salad. Then I would put some watermelon radishes and a balsamic vinaigrette dressing on top of the salad. Then I would place a piece of bread on the plate and pass the plate to Chef James, which he would then put the blow torch to it to melt the cheese. After all the plates were out we started working on desert which was a home made strawberry short cake with powdered sugar, whipped cream, and blue berries on the plate. We would place a biscuit on the plate then sift powdered sugar on top of it. James would place strawberries on the biscuit as I would drizzle strawberry sauce around the plate. Then we would place a few blueberries on the plate and put a scoop of whipped cream on top.
Today showed me a lot about a kitchen but the most important thing I learn is to have a great kitchen there must be communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment